Help save the monarch butterfly by not mowing or spraying the milkweed! Milkweed is the only plant where monarchs lay their eggs. Please read the letter to our residents from the Butterfly Ambassadors, 3rd Grade students at Prairie Elementary in Waunakee:
The Town of Dane is looking for pictures for the Image Gallery on the Town web site: http://townofdane.org/image-gallery/
- We are interested in good pictures that you have taken in the Town: wildlife, farms, flowers, landscapes etc. We would also love to have old pictures of the “early days” in the Town of Dane.
- You can email pictures to Kendra (email@example.com) or contact her for more information. If you have any pictures that need to be scanned, please contact Kendra for details.
- Contemporary pictures should be about 0.5 to 1 MB in size or at least 1200-1600 pixels wide, although we can work with smaller images.
- Please limit locations to the Town of Dane and include where the picture was taken. For old pictures size does not matter, but please include a description of where/who/when if possible.
- We will never use your full name or any contact information on the web site.
The Town of Dane Waste and Recycle Center will be open additional summer hours from 5-6:30 pm every Wednesday from May 3 to October 4. We need volunteers to help out. If you can work at the recycle center one or two Wednesdays this summer, please email Kendra at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your name added to the list.
Please check this schedule for available dates to work (schedule will be updated regularly): Recycle Center Volunteers
Your assistance will be greatly appreciated!
Ordinance # 2016-12-01
The Town of Dane Transfer of Development Rights Program
Limited Transfers Between Parcels Allowed: Transfers of permitted dwelling units between any two or more contiguous or non-contiguous Agricultural Preservation Area parcels within the Town of Dane may be allowed. Most of the following conditions should be met for the transfer to be allowed:
a. The parcel to which the dwelling units are to be transferred should be generally less suitable for agricultural use than the parcel(s) from which the dwelling units are to be transferred, AND
b. The overall development density of the parcel to which the dwelling units are to be transferred shall not, following the transfer, exceed four dwelling units per 35 acres. AND
c. The parcel(s) from which the dwelling units are proposed to be transferred (sending area) must clearly have a sufficient number of dwelling units left to transfer under the Town’s density policy, AND
d. Prior to the rezoning becoming effective, all deed restrictions and easements must be added to the deeds of all affected parcels (including appropriate June 28, 1979 parcels) restricting further development to the extent that fair application of the Town density policy suggests, AND
e. The Town shall utilize The Dane County TDR ordinance zoning districts TDR-S (DCCO 10.158) & TDR-R (DCCO 10.159) to implement Town TDR Policy
f. The Town shall notify all owners of property adjacent to or across a public street from the parcel to which the dwelling units are to be transferred of a public hearing on the proposal at the Town level.
g. No Ratios: At no time will the Town of Dane Transfer of Development Rights Program increase the total number of housing rights from the number originally available as of June 28, 1979.