NEXT ELECTION: November 3rd Presidential and General Election
Polls are open from 7 AM to 8 PM on Election Day
Photo ID required to Vote in Person
All voting is at the Dane Town Hall, 213 W. Main St., Dane WI 53529. Photo ID required to vote in-person absentee and on Election Day.
Note: Policies and procedures at the Town Hall will be in place to ensure the health and safety of voters and poll workers due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, including social distancing, sanitizing all surfaces regularly and other procedures following all Federal, State and Local Guidelines. For your safety and the safety of others, please wear a mask in the Town Hall
TO CHECK YOUR VOTER REGISTRATION, TO REGISTER TO VOTE ONLINE or TO APPLY FOR AN ABSENTEE BALLOT ONLINE, PLEASE GO TO myvote.wi.gov
- Request an absentee ballot online at myvote.wi.gov. If not previously provided, you will have to upload a copy of your photo ID. DON’T WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE, AT LEAST 2 WEEKS SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO REQUEST, RECEIVE AND RETURN YOUR ABSENTEE BALLOT. October 27, 2020 is the last realistic date to mail back your absentee ballot.
- You may also request an absentee ballot by mail or email. IMPORTANT: a copy of your photo ID must be included If not previously provided.
- Download the form here: Absentee Ballot Application
- For more information or assistance or help copying your photo ID for upload, call the Town of Dane Clerk at 608-575-3365.
- You may NOT request a mailed absentee ballot by telephone.
- Ballots will be mailed September 17 to all absentee requests on file by that date.
- In-person absentee voting will be offered from October 20 to November 1, 2020. All health and safety guidelines will be followed. Curbside absentee voting will also be offered. By appointment only, call 608-575-3365 for an appointment after October 19. View Type E Notice of Absentee Voting: Type E Notice General Election11_03_2020
- All in-person absentee voting will be at the Dane Town Hall, 213 W. Main St., Dane WI. Photo ID required.
- A secure dropbox for returning absentee ballots in person is located at 7562 Fellows Road, Lodi WI 53555 (on porch).
- You may also return your absentee ballot to the Dane Town Hall on Election Day by 8 PM. Give to any poll worker or parking lot attendant.
- If you have lived in the Town of Dane for 28 days prior to Election Day, (October 6 or earlier), you may register to vote:
- If have a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License with your current address you can register to vote at myvote.wi.gov until October 14, 2020
- You may also register to vote by mail postmarked by October 14, 2020. IMPORTANT: a copy of your proof of residence must be provided with the form.
- Download the form here: Voter Registration Form
- If you still haven't registered to vote, you can do so by appointment only, until October 30, 2020. Call 608-575-3365 to schedule.
- You may also register to vote at the polls on Election Day with proper proof of residence.
View Dane County Type A Election Notice: Dane County Type A Notice_Aug and Nov 2020
My Vote Wisconsin (Voter search, status and voting history, information on voter registration and absentee voting): https://myvote.wi.gov/
Please Note: You can now register to vote online at My Vote Wisconsin if you are an eligible voter and hold a valid State of Wisconsin Driver License or State ID Card (WI DL/ID) that has your current name and address on file with the Wisconsin Department of Motor Vehicles (WI DMV). You will not need to print, mail, or sign the registration form or provide proof of residence (POR).
If you are unable to make a match with WI DMV, you will still have the option to print, sign, and deliver your registration form to your clerk along with a copy of your Proof of Residence. See also:
Other Useful Information:
NEW- Town Of Dane Town of Dane Election Day Emergency Response Plan
UPDATED Town of Dane Election Day Emergency Response Plan V6_01_2020
Wisconsin Voter Information Center:
Wisconsin Voter ID Information:
How to Request an Absentee Ballot: https://elections.wi.gov/voters/absentee
Wisconsin Uniform Instructions for Absentee Voting:Wisconsin Absentee Voting
State of Wisconsin Elections and Ethics Commissions
The State of Wisconsin Election Commission site has links to all the election and voting information sites and forms: http://www.elections.wi.gov/
Here are the two most requested forms:
- Absentee Ballot Request Form: EL-121 Application for Absentee Ballot (rev. 2020-06)
- Note: You must include a copy of your photo ID with the form unless it is already on file.
- You may request an absentee ballot online at My Vote Wisconsin
- Voter Registration Form: El-131 - (REV 2020-06)
- Note: You must include a copy of your Proof of Residence with the form.
- You must have resided at the address provided for 28 consecutive days and do not intend to move.
- Note: If you have a current Wisconsin Driver's License or ID with your current address, you can register to vote online at
Be sure to follow all instructions when filling out these forms. Mail them to: Angela Volkman, Town of Dane Clerk, 7003 Lavina Road, Dane WI 53529.